These are the release notes for the grocery list automation tool. These notes will be updated as and when new changes are released.
Your feedback is really, really useful so please don’t hesitate to email with any questions or ideas you have: [email protected].
- History log - after generating your meal plan, there is a new "Log meal plan" option in the "Grocery tasks" menu. This will log the recipes and reduce the chance of them coming up again in the next 14 days. The meal plan generator orders recipes "randomly' by those with less frequency to higher frequency.
- In the "settings" sheet you can now choose what your dietary requirements are. This will ensure the meals returned in your meal plan adhere to this.
- User can now select how many dinners and breakfasts they would like to generate groceries for.
- 12 new recipes added, including 2x breakfast recipes
- Documentation - written up to make it easier for others to understand how to use this tool.
- "Planning" sheet - previously used to log the meals required to shop for. This was a static sheet that didn't act as an input to any other sheet and became redundant. The sheet has been removed to simplify the spreadsheet.
- Added a new "Grocery tasks" menu to provide two controls:
- Generate ingredients - to generate recipes and their ingredients
- Email recipes - to email yourself a list of the recipes you have planned for the week, for future you 👨🎤
- Moved the recipe generation aspect of the tool onto the weekly grocery sheet example. Previously there was a Recipe Generator sheet that randomly selected some recipes. The ingredients from this would then need to be copy + pasted into the weekly sheet. This process is now more streamlined and all done within the weekly sheet so no need for copy + pasting anymore. The Recipe Generator sheet has now been deleted.
- Previously, when aggregating ingredients from multiple recipes, if the ingredients didn't have a stipulated quantity the volume in the grocery list would be 0. This was misleading. The 0 has now been removed and will be blank instead - this should be less misleading.